Flatpicking phenom Molly Tuttle has a new cover album on the way and in support, she’s released a video of one of the tracks, the Grateful Dead’s “Standing On The Moon.” The song features background vocals from Taylor Goldsmith (Dawes).
“I didn’t grow up listening to a lot of Grateful Dead music,” says Tuttle, “but being raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Dead was part of the mythology of my family and the area I grew up in”
The forth-coming album, titled …but i’d rather be with you, is comprised of 10 songs Tuttle found solace in following a tornado in her current city, Nashville, Tennessee. There’s a wide range of artists covered, from the aforementioned Grateful Dead to Rancid, and the entire album was recorded remotely – each part was recorded in a home studio. It will be released on Compass Records on August 28.
1. Fake Empire (The National)
2. She’s A Rainbow (The Rolling Stones)
3. A Little Lost (Arthur Russell)
4. Something On Your Mind (Karen Dalton)
5. Mirrored Heart (FKA Twigs)
6. Olympia, WA (Rancid)
7. Standing On The Moon (Grateful Dead)
8. Zero (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
9. Sunflower, Vol. 6 (Harry Styles)
10. How Can I Tell You (Cat Stevens)